- 1 Are 33-inch tires the same as 285?
- 2 Can I put 33s on stock rims?
- 3 What size is a 33-inch tire on a 15 inch rim?
- 4 What size rim do I need for a 33×12 5?
- 5 What is a 33 tire equivalent to?
- 6 What are the best 33 inch tires?
- 7 Can you run 33s on a stock TJ?
- 8 Do I need to Regear for 33s?
- 9 How wide are stock Jeep rims?
- 10 What’s the difference between 285 and 265 tires?
- 11 What’s the difference between 275 and 285 tires?
- 12 What size tires fit 15×10 wheels?
- 13 Will a 33×12 5 Rim fit a 20×8?
- 14 Will 20×8 wheels fit 35×12 5×20?
- 15 How wide is a 12.5 tire?
Are 33-inch tires the same as 285?
YES, 285 wide tires are the same as 33 ” tires although 285 is the tread width in millimeters and 33 ″ is the tire diameter. 285 /75/16 is usually the accepted metric equivalent size for 33’s.
Can I put 33s on stock rims?
33s will work perfectly well on stock wheels. If you do a lift, you’re going to want to add Spidertrax wheel spacers to prevent swaybar link interference on the inside of the wheels, but take a look at my gallery and you’ll see 33s work great.
What size is a 33-inch tire on a 15 inch rim?
A standard sized tire will be displayed in inches. A tire that reads 33 x 12.5 R15, is 33 – inches in diameter (or tall), 12.5- inches wide, and will fit a 15 – inch wheel.
What size rim do I need for a 33×12 5?
For a 33×12. 5. an 8″ wheel will hold a bead better than a 10″ wheel would, for an aired down tire.
What is a 33 tire equivalent to?
Tire size equivalent chart for 33″, 35″, 37″ or 40″ tires:
|33″ Tires (+/- 0.50″ in overall diameter)|
What are the best 33 inch tires?
There are many different brands and styles that are available if you are looking for 33 – inch tires for your vehicle.
- Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015.
- Toyo Tires Open Country AT II.
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2.
- Continental Terrain Contact A/T.
- Federal Couragia M/T Mud-Terrain Radial Tire.
Can you run 33s on a stock TJ?
To answer your question 33s will not work on a stock TJ. Your best bet is to go with 31s.
Do I need to Regear for 33s?
You can drive just fine without them but they will be nice if you do it later down the road. 35’s will really need taller gears though.
How wide are stock Jeep rims?
Stock Jeep rims are 15×7.
What’s the difference between 285 and 265 tires?
The larger 285 /70R17 tire in the photo above stands over an inch taller and is nearly an inch wider than the 265 /70R17 size. The width of the tread is also a half-inch wider. Many late-model domestic trucks accept this difference in size.
What’s the difference between 275 and 285 tires?
They both are the same tread width. The difference is the 275 /65/17 is a little taller. It is the same tread “mold”. To get a wider bfg tire, you must go to a 285.
What size tires fit 15×10 wheels?
275 and 295 will fit fine on a 10 inch wheel. Your 235 should be 26 inches tall. The 295 should be close to 26.5 inches tall.
Will a 33×12 5 Rim fit a 20×8?
5×20 tires are approx. 33 inches tall and 12 inches wide on 20×8. 5 wheels. They should fit with no issues especially with a 2-inch level.
Will 20×8 wheels fit 35×12 5×20?
The 20″ wheel size on the 17 is the same, so there should be no issues at all. I am currently running 35×12. 50×20 on stock 20×8 rims. Fit perfectly, and there is still good clearances for un-even terrain situations.
How wide is a 12.5 tire?
Their reasoning was because Goodyear recommends a 12.5 ” wide tire to be on at least a 8.5″ rim.