- 1 What is the longest lasting motorcycle tire?
- 2 Which is better Dunlop or Michelin?
- 3 Are Bridgestone motorcycle tires good?
- 4 What is the average mileage for motorcycle tires?
- 5 Why are motorcycle tires so expensive?
- 6 Why do motorcycle tires wear out so fast?
- 7 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 8 Is Continental or Michelin better?
- 9 Is Dunlop a good brand?
- 10 What is the best motorcycle tire for a cruiser?
- 11 Which is better Bridgestone or Dunlop tires?
- 12 What is the best tire for Harley touring?
- 13 Should I replace both motorcycle tires at the same time?
- 14 Is 50000 miles alot for a motorcycle?
- 15 How often should you change your motorcycle tires?
What is the longest lasting motorcycle tire?
Here are six of Amazon’s top-rated touring tires that claim to offer the best blend of technology, durability, and performance.
- Michelin Pilot Road 4. Michelin.
- Continental Road Attack 3. Continental.
- Michelin Commander II. Michelin.
- Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra.
- Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo.
- Bridgestone Excedra.
- Dunlop Elite-4.
Which is better Dunlop or Michelin?
Dunlop makes racing tires, motorcycle tires ( and so does Michelin ). They have a softer compound which is great for cornering. The downside? The soft compound will wear fast and a smoother quieter ride.
Are Bridgestone motorcycle tires good?
With a focus on grip, balance and cornering, Bridgestone creates high-quality tires that come with several key features. The Dual-Tread Compound that makes up the tires ensures that the products are reliable and long lasting, and a softer side compound maintains the balance that riders are looking for.
What is the average mileage for motorcycle tires?
Age of the Tire To this end, different manufacturers give you different answers. However, if you are looking for a ballpark figure, generally the average front tire of a sportbike lasts 3700 miles. Rear tires tend to need to be changed much more frequently, and the ballpark figure here is closer to 1800 miles.
Why are motorcycle tires so expensive?
Motorcycle tires are made from several materials that require considerable time and effort to source and, therefore, contribute to the tires ‘ overall cost. Workers will check each tire shape and measurement for any defects and run it through a computerized road simulation that spins the tire at average road speeds.
Why do motorcycle tires wear out so fast?
Sportbike tires are meant to provide maximum grip so they are a soft compound that wears quickly. When you only have 2 tires you need more grip than you do in a car, and that’s why you get more wear than your standard car tires.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
Is Continental or Michelin better?
The Michelin performed well in most weather tests, offers a comfortable, quiet ride, and has low rolling resistance. The Continental was impressive in the wet-braking test and has a good balance of all weather performance and tread life. The Continental is an all-around good performer.
Is Dunlop a good brand?
Dunlop is recognized worldwide as one of the top tire brands. With it’s brand slogan focusing on “everyday performance”, the company fares quite well with its product catalogue for various tyres. With a substantial range of tyres, Dunlop has a large market covered with affordability and durability as its strong points.
What is the best motorcycle tire for a cruiser?
Top 17 Best Motorcycle Tires For Cruisers 2021
- Dunlop Harley-Davidson D402 Tire.
- Michelin 87-9764 Tire Commander II.
- Tire VE-33 Rear.
- Heidenau K60 Scout Motorcycle Tire.
- Michelin Pilot Road 2 Tires.
- Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Tire.
- MICHELIN Anakee Radial Tire.
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Bike Tyre.
Which is better Bridgestone or Dunlop tires?
Priced slightly higher than Dunlop, this is perhaps expected and accepted as Bridgestone is very much established and has proven reliability and trustworthiness in the consumer psyche. Bridgestone somewhat lacks in comparison with entry-level performance tyres at this tyre size compared to Dunlop.
What is the best tire for Harley touring?
Best Motorcycle Touring Tires
- Avon Cobra AV72/AV71 – $186-$423.
- Bridgestone G709/704 Exedra Goldwing – $248-$324.
- Continental Conti Tour – $125-$252.
- Dunlop Elite 4/American Elite – $170-$375.
- Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra – $152-$534.
- Michelin Commander 2 – $175-$379.
- Pirelli Angel GT 2 – $208-$316.
Should I replace both motorcycle tires at the same time?
The answer is no, you probably don’t need to replace both tires at once. That’s because the function of one doesn’t affect the function of the other. In fact, according to Side Car, the rear wheel gets worn out about twice as fast as the front wheel due to how the motorcycle works.
Is 50000 miles alot for a motorcycle?
It really depends. A motorcycle engine with 40,000 to 50,000 miles is considered a high- mileage bike in some circles. But if this particular motorcycle has complete maintenance records, has no evidence of physical damage, and the engine has no oil leaks, then this is considered a good buy.
How often should you change your motorcycle tires?
As a precaution, all tires that have not been replaced after ten years should be changed, even if they appear to be in a generally good condition and have not reached their tread wear limit.