- 1 What is the best tire for the money?
- 2 Which brand of tires last the longest?
- 3 What are the worst tire brands?
- 4 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 5 Are Walmart tires good?
- 6 How much should I pay for tires?
- 7 What is the best time of year to buy tires?
- 8 What are the top 5 tire brands?
- 9 Can you negotiate tire prices?
- 10 What is the safest tire brand?
- 11 How can I tell if I need new tires?
- 12 Are Cooper tires better than Goodyear?
- 13 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 14 Where is the best place to buy tires?
- 15 Are expensive tires worth it?
What is the best tire for the money?
General Tires The General Altimax RT43 (T) is the highest-rated all-season tire based on Consumer Reports’ data. It’s one of the two recommended all-season tires alongside the Michelin Defender T+H. At $86.95, the General Tire has a great average price compared to other highly-rated all-season models.
Which brand of tires last the longest?
Top 10 Longest Wearing All-Season Tires
- Cooper CS5 Grand Touring.
- Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Season.
- Continental True Contact.
- Yokohama Avid Ascend.
- Michelin Defender.
- General Altimax RT43.
- Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus.
- Continental CrossContact LX20.
What are the worst tire brands?
Here, in this article, we will provide you the list of worst tire brands that you should stay away from. Here is the list of tire brands that we should keep a distance from:
- AKS tires.
- Compass tires.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
Are Walmart tires good?
Overall, Walmart is a great place to shop for tires both online and in-store. You’ll find a great selection of popular tire brands and some of the lowest average per-tire prices compared to other popular tire stores. And installation is cheaper at Walmart than nearly anywhere else.
How much should I pay for tires?
According to CostHelper, a standard, all-season tire costs between $50 and $200 each with an average price of $80 to $150. For a pickup truck or SUV, drivers may pay $50 to $350, with an average cost of about $100 to $250. Several variables determine the cost of new tires, including the tire’s brand and size.
What is the best time of year to buy tires?
The best time to buy tires is during April and October. These two months have been tracked as being the best time of year to purchase new tires. The reason for the deals in April is because it’s right before vacation season. Travel is big during the summer months, and many people choose to take road trips.
What are the top 5 tire brands?
Top Tire Brands
Can you negotiate tire prices?
Prices are negotiable. While the big box stores like Wal-Mart or Costco are not going to haggle on their already low tire prices, dedicated tire stores have quite a bit of leeway on pricing, especially on services such as mounting and balancing.
What is the safest tire brand?
Keep Your Tires Safe
- Bridgestone. Based in Tokyo, Bridgestone is one of the three largest tire manufacturers in the world.
- Continental. Continental is in a distant fourth place in North American and global sales, behind Goodyear, Bridgestone, and Michelin.
How can I tell if I need new tires?
Place a penny head first into several tread grooves across the tire. If you always see the top of Lincoln’s head, your treads are shallow and worn. If this is the case, your tires need to be replaced. If part of Lincoln’s head is always covered by the tread, you have more than 2/32 of an inch of tread depth remaining.
Are Cooper tires better than Goodyear?
Across their product line both Goodyear and Cooper offer mid-level quality tire models. For example, Goodyear offers some very good quality tire models, some which are average quality, and others that are quite frankly very poor quality. The same goes with Cooper.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Where is the best place to buy tires?
Generally speaking, you’ll find some of the lowest prices at Walmart and Discount Tire Direct, while Tire Rack offers the biggest selection. Sam’s Club, BJ’s Tire Center and Costco offer some of the best overall tire-buying experiences including low average prices, free services and convenience.
Are expensive tires worth it?
It’s no surprise that the more expensive tires generally stop better when brand new. In some cases though, it’s not by much. The answer isn’t simply that you should buy the most expensive tire out there. In fact, the data points to some great deals that can be had on cheap tires.