- 1 How do I know what tires I need?
- 2 What are the 3 types of tires?
- 3 Which tire is best for my car?
- 4 How much is 4 new tires?
- 5 Can I use 235 tires instead of 225?
- 6 How long do new car tires last?
- 7 What is an all-season tire?
- 8 What does a P mean on tires?
- 9 What are the worst tire brands?
- 10 Are Walmart tires good?
- 11 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 12 Should I replace all 4 tires?
- 13 Does Discount Tire negotiate price?
- 14 Does Walmart install tires for free?
How do I know what tires I need?
The two-digit number after the slash mark in a tire size is the aspect ratio. For example, in a size P215/65 R15 tire, the 65 means that the height is equal to 65% of the tire’s width. The bigger the aspect ratio, the bigger the tire’s sidewall will be.
What are the 3 types of tires?
Different Types of Tires
- All-Season. The all-season touring tire is designed to deliver good comfort and handling on the highway, as well as reliable all-season traction.
- Track and Competition.
Which tire is best for my car?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
How much is 4 new tires?
According to recent reviews, Angie’s List members report paying an average cost of $637 to replace four tires, with a range of $525 to $725. According to CostHelper, a standard, all-season tire costs between $50 and $200 each with an average price of $80 to $150.
Can I use 235 tires instead of 225?
Yesthat size will work 100% perfectly, as it is the exact same diameter as the 225/75-16. 235/70-16 is actually a shorter tire.
How long do new car tires last?
The straightforward answer is “it depends.” A normal set of tires should last for 60,000 to 75,000 miles, or about four to five years. But there are a few key factors that will affect your tires’ lifespan. Keep scrolling to learn more.
What is an all-season tire?
An all–season tire is meant to be used in any temperature above 7°C; that means that it performs best in warm climates – the spring, summer, and fall. The rubber that an all–season tire is made with is designed to extract water and provide traction whenever the temperature is above 7°C.
What does a P mean on tires?
Sometimes, letters precede the first number. A “P” stands for p-metric, which is a tire used primarily on passenger cars. An “LT” indicates a light-truck tire. A “T” means it’s a temporary spare.
What are the worst tire brands?
There are many worst tire brands that produce the exact replica of branded original tires. But they use the low quality materials and release the product without any quality and safety checks.
Worst Tire to Stay Away From
- AKS tires.
- Compass tires.
Are Walmart tires good?
Overall, Walmart is a great place to shop for tires both online and in-store. You’ll find a great selection of popular tire brands and some of the lowest average per-tire prices compared to other popular tire stores. And installation is cheaper at Walmart than nearly anywhere else.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Should I replace all 4 tires?
Is your car an all-wheel drive (AWD)? If so, most vehicle manufacturers and the Tire Industry Association (TIA) recommend that you always replace all four tires at the same time. That’s because the reduced diameter of the lower-tread tires causes them to spin faster than the new one.
Does Discount Tire negotiate price?
Yes they will. In the past tirerack.com and tirecrawler.com used to be nice online sites where you could find tires, estimate shipping, and discountt would match. Lately I’ve noticed either the online sites have upped their priced or Discount has gotten more reasonable because the delta has closed quite a bit.
Does Walmart install tires for free?
Originally Answered: Does Walmart offer free tire installation? No they do not. They do a complete package of installation, life time balancing balancing, old tire removal, and resetting the air pressure monitor for about $14 a tire. For a few dollars more they will add a 4 year limited prorated road hazard warranty.