- 1 How do I find out what tires I need?
- 2 What are the 3 types of tires?
- 3 Which tire is best for my car?
- 4 Where is the best place to buy tires?
- 5 How big can I go on my tires?
- 6 How long do new car tires last?
- 7 What does a P mean on tires?
- 8 What is an all-season tire?
- 9 What are the worst tire brands?
- 10 Are Walmart tires good?
- 11 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 12 What is the best month to buy tires?
- 13 Why are Walmart tires so much cheaper?
- 14 Where can I get the best deal on tires?
How do I find out what tires I need?
Find your tire size in your vehicle owner’s manual or on your door. Find the information in your vehicle owner’s manual in the glove compartment or on the tire information sticker on your driver’s side door.
What are the 3 types of tires?
Different Types of Tires
- All-Season. The all-season touring tire is designed to deliver good comfort and handling on the highway, as well as reliable all-season traction.
- Track and Competition.
Which tire is best for my car?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Where is the best place to buy tires?
Generally speaking, you’ll find some of the lowest prices at Walmart and Discount Tire Direct, while Tire Rack offers the biggest selection. Sam’s Club, BJ’s Tire Center and Costco offer some of the best overall tire-buying experiences including low average prices, free services and convenience.
How big can I go on my tires?
As a general rule of thumb, it’s safe to fit a tire up to 20 millimeters wider than stock on the original rim. The actual width of the tire will vary depending on the width of the rim: The tire will expand 5 millimeters for every half inch (12.5 millimeters) increase in rim width.
How long do new car tires last?
The straightforward answer is “it depends.” A normal set of tires should last for 60,000 to 75,000 miles, or about four to five years. But there are a few key factors that will affect your tires’ lifespan. Keep scrolling to learn more.
What does a P mean on tires?
Sometimes, letters precede the first number. A “P” stands for p-metric, which is a tire used primarily on passenger cars. An “LT” indicates a light-truck tire. A “T” means it’s a temporary spare.
What is an all-season tire?
An all–season tire is meant to be used in any temperature above 7°C; that means that it performs best in warm climates – the spring, summer, and fall. The rubber that an all–season tire is made with is designed to extract water and provide traction whenever the temperature is above 7°C.
What are the worst tire brands?
There are many worst tire brands that produce the exact replica of branded original tires. But they use the low quality materials and release the product without any quality and safety checks.
Worst Tire to Stay Away From
- AKS tires.
- Compass tires.
Are Walmart tires good?
Overall, Walmart is a great place to shop for tires both online and in-store. You’ll find a great selection of popular tire brands and some of the lowest average per-tire prices compared to other popular tire stores. And installation is cheaper at Walmart than nearly anywhere else.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
What is the best month to buy tires?
The best month to buy tires on sale is either October—when car owners are prepping for winter—or April because, presumably, people are anticipating summer road trips.
Why are Walmart tires so much cheaper?
one of the other reasons why they can sell tires so cheap is that they have the tire manufacturers make lesser quality tires especially for them but keep the same tread pattern and name as their non walmart tire counterparts.
Where can I get the best deal on tires?
The Best Places For Buying Tires
- Discount Tire. Discount Tire gets high marks from users for its fair prices and easy payment plans.
- Priority Tire.
- Big O Tires.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers.