- 1 Are Shinko tires any good?
- 2 Are Shinko 777 tires any good?
- 3 How are Shinko motorcycle tires?
- 4 What are the best tires for a motorcycle?
- 5 Should I replace both motorcycle tires at the same time?
- 6 What is the longest lasting motorcycle tire?
- 7 Do motorcycle tires have to be balanced?
- 8 What is the best tire for Harley touring?
- 9 When should motorcycle tires be replaced?
- 10 Are Shinko 777 bias or radial?
- 11 Does Yokohama make motorcycle tires?
- 12 How do you read motorcycle tires?
- 13 How many miles can you get on a motorcycle tire?
- 14 What PSI should my motorcycle tires be?
- 15 How much does it cost to change motorcycle tires?
Are Shinko tires any good?
Most people either love ’em or hate ’em. I recently sprung for a set of Shinko 712 tires for “adventure commuting” duty and have developed some opinions on them, too. Ultimately, the Shinko 712 is a good tire, if you’re buying it for the right machine and you consider its performance in the context of its price.
Are Shinko 777 tires any good?
Overall Tire/Tyre Review
The Shinko 777 gets mixed reviews. The tire seems to handle well, but at a lower tread life as compared to other tires like the Dunlop 404. As compared to stock Bridgestones the Shinko 777 is rated better. Many praise the price, some saying the tires cost half of the competition.
How are Shinko motorcycle tires?
Certainly, the Shinko 777 tires are basic. They are only H rated for speed (130 mph, which the Aero will never see), and the Aramid-belted tires are four-ply design. Initial inspections of the rubber shows very little wear, so we expect these tires to last a long time in this application.
What are the best tires for a motorcycle?
Best Motorcycle Tires
- Best Overall – Michelin Pilot Road 4.
- Best High-Performance Sports Tire – Metzeler M7RR.
- Best for Long-Range Touring – Metzeler Roadtec 01.
- Best High-Performance Track Tire – Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa SP.
- Best Budget Option – Continental ContiMotion.
- Best Motocross Off-Road Tire – Bridgestone M403/M404.
Should I replace both motorcycle tires at the same time?
The answer is no, you probably don’t need to replace both tires at once. That’s because the function of one doesn’t affect the function of the other. In fact, according to Side Car, the rear wheel gets worn out about twice as fast as the front wheel due to how the motorcycle works.
What is the longest lasting motorcycle tire?
Here are six of Amazon’s top-rated touring tires that claim to offer the best blend of technology, durability, and performance.
- Michelin Pilot Road 4. Michelin.
- Continental Road Attack 3. Continental.
- Michelin Commander II. Michelin.
- Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra.
- Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo.
- Bridgestone Excedra.
- Dunlop Elite-4.
Do motorcycle tires have to be balanced?
Do you have to balance a motorcycle tire? Motorcycle tires should be balanced at all times to keep drivers safe. A set of unbalance wheel will affect the motorcycle’s performance and might lead to an accident when neglected. Keeping your motorcycle tires balanced will also help keep them longer.
What is the best tire for Harley touring?
Best Motorcycle Touring Tires
- Avon Cobra AV72/AV71 – $186-$423.
- Bridgestone G709/704 Exedra Goldwing – $248-$324.
- Continental Conti Tour – $125-$252.
- Dunlop Elite 4/American Elite – $170-$375.
- Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra – $152-$534.
- Michelin Commander 2 – $175-$379.
- Pirelli Angel GT 2 – $208-$316.
When should motorcycle tires be replaced?
As a precaution, all tires that have not been replaced after ten years should be changed, even if they appear to be in a generally good condition and have not reached their tread wear limit.
Are Shinko 777 bias or radial?
|Bias / Radial||Bias, Bias Ply|
|Rim Size||21, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15|
|Tube / Tubeless||Tubeless|
|Load Index||54, 62, 64, 65, 69, 71, 72, 74, 75, 76, 81|
Does Yokohama make motorcycle tires?
Best 7 Motorcycle Tire Brands #7: Yokohama
They now sell under their brand name, making 200,000 motorcycle tires per month for everything from super sports bikes to scooters.
How do you read motorcycle tires?
Metric Tire Sizes: (Most Common Motorcycle Tire Format)
The first number (180) is the width of the tire in millimeters. The second number (70) is the aspect ratio, which is the height of the sidewall. The height is 70% of the width or 126mm high. The third number (16) is the rim size.
How many miles can you get on a motorcycle tire?
Age of the Tire
To this end, different manufacturers give you different answers. However, if you are looking for a ballpark figure, generally the average front tire of a sportbike lasts 3700 miles. Rear tires tend to need to be changed much more frequently, and the ballpark figure here is closer to 1800 miles.
What PSI should my motorcycle tires be?
Typically, street motorcycle tires are in the 28 to 40 psi range. A label like this may be on the bike that tells you what tire pressures to use for different load conditions. Another factor is the anticipated load conditions and road conditions.
How much does it cost to change motorcycle tires?
Motorcycle tire change costs between $20 and $125 per tire. Bringing in the wheels of your motorcycle (carry-in service) costs between $25 and $50 and bringing in the whole motorcycle (ride-in service) costs between $45 and $80. On average, the cost to change motorcycle tires is $50 per tire.