- 1 Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
- 2 Are Michelin Defender tires good tires?
- 3 Who makes the Defender tire?
- 4 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 5 What are the worst tire brands?
- 6 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 7 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 8 How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 9 Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
- 10 What is the best all-season tire?
- 11 Does Costco carry Michelin Defender tires?
- 12 What is the best tire brand?
- 13 Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
- 14 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and ms2?
- 15 What is the difference between Michelin Defender and primacy?
Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
Michelin is making the majority of the Defender LTX M/S tires at its plants in Columbia and Greenville, S.C., as well as some at its Ardmore, Okla., and Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, factories.
Are Michelin Defender tires good tires?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Who makes the Defender tire?
MICHELIN® Defender® Tires.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
What are the worst tire brands?
There are many worst tire brands that produce the exact replica of branded original tires. But they use the low quality materials and release the product without any quality and safety checks.
Worst Tire to Stay Away From
- AKS tires.
- Compass tires.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs
Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra-long life.
Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Why are Michelin tires considered better than others?
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Does Costco carry Michelin Defender tires?
Costco just might be the place to go to save some money on your next set of tires. I choose a tire from Michelin, specifically the Defender LTX M/S, as it’s a popular worldwide brand that pretty much everybody sells.
What is the best tire brand?
- Michelin: Best Tires Overall.
- Goodyear: Best for Durability.
- Cooper: Most Affordable.
- Bridgestone: Best for Run-Flat Tires.
- Pirelli: Best for High-Performance.
- Passenger Tires.
- Truck & SUV Tires.
- Specialty Tires.
Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
Handling & Weather
Although the Defender is rated as an all-season tire, the tread and design resembles more of a summer tire. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and ms2?
Compared to the popular Michelin LTX M/S2 it replaces, the new Defender LTX M/S tires share the same highly functional tread pattern, and offer improvements in wear life/longevity to better meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks. Defender LTX M/S is designed to be stronger, longer.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender and primacy?
Michelin Defender Michelin Primacy MXV4 The main differences between the two is that the Defender will last longer, while the Primacy MXV4 will provide better all-season traction. Both tires offer great ride quality and low tread noise.